- Administrative Assistant
- Closing date: August 30, 2016
Organization: Shuswap Nation Tribal Council
Reporting to: Secwepemc Health Caucus Hub Coordinator
This person is responsible for admin support.This is a temporary full-time position.
NOTE: Occasional travel within the Secwepemc Territory may be required.
- Recognized completion of a secretarial program, or equivalent obtained through relevant job experience;
- Demonstrated competency in secretarial and administrative tasks including the operation of a multi line switchboard and computer knowledge, as well as knowledge of photocopier and fax machines.
- Ability to take minutes and transcribe conversations.
- Knowledge of filing systems.
- Knowledge of Outlook Express and Internet skills.
- Computer knowledge with various software programs, such as; Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Word Perfect, Power Point, and Publisher.
STANDARDS OF SERVICE:
- Maintains confidentiality of professionally acquired information.
- Provides service in non-judgmental and in a culturally sensitive manner.
- Is accessible, accountable, cordial and responsive in all manner of communications for the SHC.
- Presents themselves professionally in the workplace and when conducting business for the SHC; keeping in mind at all times s/he represents the SHC in a manner of professionalism and integrity.
- Valid Class 5 drivers license.
- Taking minutes,
- Answering phones,
- Booking meetings
- Arranging catering,
- Arranging coordinating events, etc.
- Arrange travel and book accommodations
- Complete travel forms
- Other office related duties
In accordance with the SNTC Human Resource Policy, the first priority will be to hire qualified persons of Secwepemc ancestry. Pursuant to section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to applicants of Aboriginal ancestry.
We invite applications to be submitted to the SHC Hub Coordinator no later than Tuesday August 30, 2016 at noon. We invite you to submit your Cover letter, Resume, with 3 references and salary expectations by mail or email to the following:
Attention: Londea Riffel
Re: SHC Admin Position
520 Chief Eli LaRue Way
Kamloops BC V2H 1H1