- Fisheries Technician
- Secwepemc Fisheries Commission
- Closing Date: July 13th 2015
Secwepemc Fisheries Commission (SFC), Kamloops, BC
Do you enjoy staying active? Would you like to advance your career while working outdoors on environmental projects? Are you ready to apply your knowledge to help First Nations with their fisheries programs? Are you seeking a diverse, challenging and rewarding position with a well established, evolving organization? If the answer is yes, then we have an ideal opportunity for you!
SFC is the fisheries department of the Shuswap Nation Tribal Council. We are committed to protect fisheries resources, promote integrated approaches to aquatic ecosystem management, and provide policy and technical advice on fisheries matters. As a Fisheries Technician you will be responsible for assisting SFC with salmon stock assessment projects, fish habitat restoration projects, communications, stewardship and education projects, and project planning and administration.
We are requesting immediate applications for the Fisheries Technician position from enthusiastic, dynamic and motivated individuals that meet the following qualifications:
- a university degree or technical college diploma in a natural resource or related discipline;
- experience with field data collection techniques and equipment;
- ability to follow and report on science-focused work plans;
- knowledge of Pacific salmon life histories and habitat requirements;
- flexibility to work within a team setting or independently;
- demonstrated computer software skills;
- understanding of Secwepemc culture, history and traditions an asset;
- valid driver’s license essential;
- excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
What we offer:
• an established, stable organization with clear and evolving responsibilities;
• competitive remuneration, flexible work schedule; and
• work-life balance found in the BC southern interior.
If you are highly organized, professional and prepared for a new challenge, apply now to join the team at Secwepemc Fisheries Commission.
To request the detailed job posting contact Debby Seymour, SNTC Reception, at 778-471-8200 or email email@example.com.
To submit your application, please follow the instructions found in the detailed job posting attached here: SNTC job posting_Fisheries Technician.Jul.02.15
Closing date is Monday, July 13th, 2015 at 4:00 p.m.