SNTC has one job opportunity available at this time:
Part-Time Term Position: Virtual Library Technician & Archivist (7 months)
- Part-Time Term Position: Virtual Library Technician & Archivist (7 months)
- Kamloops, BC
- Posting closes: 4pm Friday, September 12th, 2014
The Virtual Library Technician & Archivist is responsible for organizing the SNTC archives (digital and physical) and creating a categorization system that will correspond with a virtual meeting management system. The technician will report directly to the Tribal Director.
The Virtual Library system is used to connect our current business practices with the utilization of our archive database making the work of SNTC (past and present) more accessible to our communities. The Virtual Library Technician & Archivist will update, strategically organize its filing system, digitize all historical resources and regularly add docuements to the database. A Virtual Meeting Management System will be implemented in the organization and connected to our Virtual Library archive to streamline the internal digitization and organization of SNTC business.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES in key areas:
- Part-time employee will be hired as per SNTC Policies and Procedures.
- The state of the current SNTC Virtual Library will be assessed by the employee at the beginning of this project (number of files uploaded, number of users, coding system of library, etc.), and then will be compared to state of the Virtual Library at the end of the project year to assess the progress made (i.e., more files available, more users, increased accessibility and coherence of file/folder organization).
- Software will be purchased that will provide us with the Meeting Management System. Employee will be trained in the use of software and thereafter provide training for all SNTC staff on this use of this new technology.
Applicant must possess a minimum three years of directly related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Extensive and current knowledge of archival systems and online databases;
- Technically competent with various computer software programs such as data base management and file management software applications and Microsoft office;
- Well versed in the current state of First Nations social and political issues;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of Secwepemc customs and traditions;
- Experience working independently and in a team oriented environment;
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously.
STANDARDS OF SERVICE:
- Maintains confidentiality of professionally acquired information.
- Provides service in non-judgmental and in a culturally sensitive manner.
- Is accessible, accountable, cordial and responsive in all manner of communications for the SNTC.
- Presents themselves professionally in the workplace and when conducting business for the SNTC; keeping in mind at all times s/he represents the SNTC in a manner of professionalism and integrity.
The Virtual Library Technician & Archivist is accountable to the Council of Chiefs through the direct professional supervision and support provided by the Tribal Director.
In accordance with the SNTC Human Resource Policy, the first priority will be to hire qualified persons of Secwepemc ancestry. Pursuant to section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to applicants of Aboriginal ancestry.
We invite applications to be submitted to the SNTC attention the Executive Assistant no later than 4pm Friday, September 12th, 2014. Cover letter and resumes can be submitted by fax, mail or email to the following addresses;
680 W Athabasca St.
Kamloops, BC V2H 1C4