- Kamloops, BC
- Application Must be Submitted by: February 18, 2016
Reporting to: Executive Assistant
Wage: Level I
The Receptionist is responsible to ensure that all contact with the Tribal Council is handled in a friendly, courteous and helpful manner. To carry out the receptionist area tasks in a timely and efficient manner as well as to provide clerical services as required by the Tribal Director and the Executive Assistant.
- Recognized completion of a secretarial program, or equivalent obtained through relevant job experience;
- Demonstrated competency in secretarial and administrative tasks including the operation of a multi line switchboard and computer knowledge, as well as knowledge of photocopier and fax machines.
- Knowledge of Outlook Express and Internet skills.
- Computer knowledge with various software programs, such as; Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Word Perfect, Power Point, and Publisher.
STANDARDS OF SERVICE:
- Maintains confidentiality of professionally acquired information.
- Provides service in non-judgmental and in a culturally sensitive manner.
- Is accessible, accountable, cordial and responsive in all manner of communications for the SNTC.
- Presents themselves professionally in the workplace and when conducting business for the SNTC; keeping in mind at all times s/he represents the SNTC in a manner of professionalism and integrity.
- Valid Class 5 drivers licence.
- Receive and direct clients/visiting persons in a friendly manner and forward calls or messages for engaged/absent staff members/Tribal Council members;
- Email all staff morning message to include absences and boardroom bookings;
- Refer the Tribal Council’s calls to the Executive Assistant when appropriate;
- Organize common areas (waiting room, boardroom, recycle bin, and coffee room)
- Maintain and order office and janitorial supplies;
- Confirm all incoming email, unless marked “Private and Confidential” and distribute to the appropriate department and or person;
- Record, post and deliver outgoing mail daily, outgoing mail to be delivered when retrieving incoming mail and again by 3 PM each day;
- Responsible for maintaining Facebook page, answering questions or requests with assistance if needed;
- Ensure office equipment is functional and stocked;
- Compile monthly photocopy usage and submit to finance;
- Update in house directory as required and distribute to all SNTC departments, member bands and outside First Nation organizations;
- Process any correspondence and/or minute taking for the Tribal Director, Chairman, Executive Assistant or other SNTC staff on a priority basis;
- Post current events within organization and member bands on website and social media, with approval;
- Responsible for posting and distributing media releases and job postings.
- Deliver and distribute FAX messages as received;
- Send necessary Tribal Council meeting notices and arrange meeting lunches and supplies as needed;
- Assist preparing Chief’s meeting packages and other meetings by request;
- Arrange courier service for departments if requested;
- Perform other duties as required by the Tribal Chairperson, Tribal Director or the Executive Assistant ;
The reception/Office Assistant is accountable to the Tribal Director through the direct professional supervision and support provided by the Executive Assistant.
In accordance with the SNTC Human Resource Policy, the first priority will be to hire qualified persons of Secwepemc ancestry. Pursuant to section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to applicants of Aboriginal ancestry.
We invite applications to be submitted to the Shuswap Nation Tribal Council attention Executive Assistant no later than 4 pm February 18, 2016.
Shuswap Nation Tribal Council
680 W Athabasca St.
Kamloops, BC V2H 1C4