ASETS receives funds provided by Human Resources & Skills Development Canada (HRSDC) to provide training and employment opportunities to Aboriginal people within the Central Interior.
ASETS proactively negotiates and provides access to and distributes financial resources related to Aboriginal Human Resource Development, and advocates the enlargement and enrichment of Aboriginal Employment.
The objective of the ASETS agreement is to:
- Increase Aboriginal participation in the Canadian Labour Market.
- Strengthen and facilitate flexible programming that meets the unique and varied needs of Aboriginal people and employers.
- Provide employers with skilled workers.
ASETS Service Areas and First Nation Bands:
ASETS service areas in BC: Map and Contact Info
We will work in partnership to increase self-reliance of Aboriginal people within the Central Interior
The ASETS agreement provides employment & training funding for all Aboriginal people on or off reserve, residing within the Central Interior service area including 30 local First Nations through sub-agreements with:
1. Aboriginal Skills Employment and Training Strategy Central (formerly known as Shuswap Training Employment Program (STEP)
- Roxanne Diablo, Program Manager, email@example.com, Telephone: 778-471-8201
- Debi Stewart, Outreach Worker, firstname.lastname@example.org, Telephone: 778-471-8202
2. Aboriginal Training Employment Centre (ATEC)
3. Aboriginal Skills Employment and Training Strategy West
General Enquiries Call Toll Free: 1-844-471-8204
Fax: (778) 471-5804
ASETS Director, Cherlyn Billy
ASETS Administrative Assistant
Telephone: (778) 471-8204
ASETS Project Coordinator
Telephone: (778) 471-8207